Why do we need to learn Interaction Design (a subset of UX)?
- We need skills and the knowledge of how to design products and services that are more efficient and pleasurable to use.
- An understanding of both the human user and user experience is the key to limiting, and potentially eradicating all of the frustrating, time-consuming and poorly designed technology in this world. These poorly designed technologies restricts our productivity and sometimes even test the limits of our sanity.
- An understanding of the user and their limitations, capabilities and quirks is imperative to aid you in your task of designing products free from the mistakes committed by your competitors, so you can get one step ahead of the pack.
- Designing a technology which is very user-friendly is always a good thing. This ultimately improves everyone’s quality of life, your end user’s as well as yours as a successful business owner when you will have so many happy customers.
The three key pillars of a successful interaction design are:
- Understanding the technology
- Understanding human psychology and sociology
- Finally, understanding the relation between first two, technology and human psychology and sociology.